cook time: 30 min
things you need:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 bottle of ale
- 2 small onions
- 250 gram pancetta
- Salt & Pepper
- Some butter
- Mix up wheat and ale adding the ale slowly. Make sure you leave some aside, as the flour soaks the beer up a little. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat the frying pan and melt some butter
- Pour the batter onto the pan with a ladle. Fry the pancakes until golden and put aside.
- Chop the onion and fry till glossy with the pancetta and some butter
- Fill the pancakes with onions and pancetta, leaving some of the filling for later
- Lay* the pancakes in an oven dish, cover with the rest of filling. Cover with baking foil or lid
- Put into pre-heated oven (150 degrees) for 10 min or until pancakes are crisp
* you can cut each pancake into 3 pieces but it isn’t necessary